Thank you for installing the HubSpot + ConnectWise integration by SyncSmart.io! This guide will walk you through setting up your sync and help with any spots where you may get stuck.
What You’ll Need
- HubSpot super admin access.
- ConnectWise company ID and public & private API keys.
- Your ConnectWise company ID is the ID you use to log in to ConnectWise.
- Your API keys can be found by navigating to your user drop down-menu in the upper right-hand corner of the ConnectWise homepage > My Account > API Keys tab.
- If you have specific questions, please contact your company’s ConnectWise Administrator.
Step 1: Visit the ConnectWise sign-up page if you haven’t already.
Step 2: Select a plan. Choose which objects you would like to sync. You can always add additional objects later after the initial setup.
Step 3. Choose a support package. Premium support is a great feature for anyone that wants added support.
Step 4. Complete checkout.
Step 5. Select the HubSpot portal you’d like to connect.
Step 6. Complete ConnectWise authentication.
- From this screen, select “New Authentication.”
- On the next screen, “Your authentication name” will be auto-populated:
- Enter your ConnectWise company ID.
- Enter your ConnectWise company website URL. This is the URL used to access your ConnectWise portal. Note that the URL must be entered without “https://www.” Example: “staging.connectwisedev.com.”
- Enter the ConnectWise public and private API keys.
- Click the “Create” button.
- Now, the authentication box should say “ConnectWise connected.”
- Click the “Finish” button.
- You can now access your integration from the SyncSmart login screen and use your HubSpot credentials to log in.
Step 7. Set up your integration
The homepage will display all of your SyncSmart integrations. Select “ConnectWise Integration for HubSpot.”
Your selected object mappings will appear listed on the next screen.
To set up field mappings and sync filters, select “Edit” for the object you want to configure.
SyncSmart can create new custom HubSpot properties automatically. This is great if you have a field that exists in ConnectWise but not in HubSpot that you would like to sync.
To have the integration auto-create a custom HubSpot property, select Add new field from the Field Mappings tab, select your ConnectWise field, and then select the icon just to the left of the sync direction box.
Create the name of the HubSpot property and choose which property group you would like it to be added to, then select Apply. Note that SyncSmart cannot auto-create custom ConnectWise fields.
*Important Sync Notes to Consider:
Existing HubSpot Records
SyncSmart checks for existing records by email address for contacts, ConnectWise Company ID for companies, and ConnectWise Rec ID for opportunities/deals. If you have records in both HubSpot and ConnectWise, you will want to ensure the following HubSpot properties are populated, so duplicates are not created.
“ConnectWise Rec ID” OR “ConnectWise Company ID” (companies): Populate this SyncSmart-created property with the associated ConnectWise fields on the company object.
“ConnectWise Rec ID (Opportunity #)” (deals): Populate this SyncSmart-created property with the associated ConnectWise Rec ID on the opportunity object.
Testing in a Sandbox
If you would like to connect SyncSmart to a sandbox/developer account, then contact our support team for assistance.
If you would like to perform a one-time data migration from ConnectWise to HubSpot, reach out to our support team for assistance. If you have existing HubSpot records, please load ConnectWise Rec IDs (see above note on “Existing HubSpot Records”) to HubSpot as this is a prerequisite to completing a historical sync.
Step 8. Enable your integration.
When you are ready to enable your integration, simply click the Enable Mapping sliders on the object mapping screen.
From here, you can select the sync direction by object.
Now that your integration is up and running, reach out to our support team if you need assistance.